Tools Engineer – Grad, Mid & Senior Level
The successful candidate will have expertise in tools development and maintenance experience, preferably from a games industry background. They will both suggest and implement new techniques as well as modifying existing practices.
For the Graduate roles, we are looking for students who are particularly interested in working within core tech and who have studied C#, C++, Python & used Unity whilst at University. All applicants must submit a demo of their work.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of an award-winning team, working at the forefront of 3D technology with our world class technology partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA and Microsoft, and delivering projects for some of the biggest automotive brands in the business such as Audi, Cadillac and Lamborghini.
- To develop new tools and enhance our cutting edge real-time Virtual Experience rendering engine
- Research methods to optimise and improve the art pipeline to improve productivity and quality
- Design and implement software that will improve the stability and quality of all the companies products
- Develop tools that will be used on a range of hardware from mobile to state of the art high specification PC hardware
- Must have strong software engineering and debugging skills
- Tools development and maintenance experience
- Python, C++ and C# knowledge
- Ability to designing complex reusable systems
- Ability to debug both high and low level problems
- Ability to understand and optimise previously developed code
- Multiprocessor and/or multithreaded programming experience would be beneficial
- 2-5 Years professional programming experience
- Knowledge of Unity3D, 3D Maths, OpenGL and DirectX
- Knowledge and experience using Unit testing tools and build management systems (eg. Jenkins)
- Experience using profiling tools for both CPU and GPU (PIX, GPA, VTune, Nsight etc.)
- Ability to research, implement and modify existing techniques
- Brand new state of the art studios on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
- Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
- Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
- Up to two-hour lunch break.
- Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
- Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
- Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
- Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am – 10am each morning and leave between 4pm – 6pm.
- Wide range of activities including Board Games night, Quizzes, themed parties and group outings organised by our social group.
- Book share scheme.
- Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
- Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio!).
- Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
- Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
- Official company events including Friend & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses paid Christmas Party.
- Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
- Ongoing performance management via our Talent platform with regular reviews and feedback and clear development pathways.
- Annual salary review.
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.