Senior PHP Developer
What do we work on?
There’s a huge variety of projects that we work on, some of the highlights are:
- Our own Internal systems and processes that help the efficient running of the business; from sales to support, accounts to recruitment – optimising time and enabling staff to focus on customer service rather than mundane admin tasks
- Implementing new features and improvements to our range of products and services we have developed over the years; Dedicated Servers, eCloud, SafeDNS, DDoSX to name just a few
- Automation that enables the delivery of these products; from customer order via sales or online, setup, delivery and billing to the customer
- New products and services, often with the need to integrate with the latest server technology that furthers our hosting offering or complements our service
- API’s to provide automation for our customers, internal systems and our dedicated in-house mobile app development team
- Front end development of MyUKFast – our customer dashboard and ecommerce portal, enabling customers to manage their services, buy new products and see more information and data on their solution online
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for people who love development, have a real passion and take pride in their work and are capable of delivering quality software.
We need a variety of skills, so if you’re more back than front end, or your passion is on developing the UX rather than extracting the data, then get in touch.
- Great problem solving skills, exceptional attention to detail and high standards of code and work
- A minimum 3 years’ experience developing, deploying and supporting a live product, project or service
- Demonstrable skills with PHP (5.x), Git, Databases (MySQL, SQL) and API’s
- Ability to take requirements from a variety of sources, create technical specs, requirements and break down a project into simple steps and milestones
- Experience with Database design, optimisation and performance
- Experience working with a team, performing code reviews, software lifecycle, development and deployment processes
- Good communication skills to both technical and non-technical persons
Experience with any of the following desirable:
- Unit testing, i.e. PHPUnit
- Continuous Integration
- RESTFul APIs
What do we offer?
The role is an exciting and challenging opportunity for you to show your development skills and see close hand the impact your work has for colleagues, customers and the business.
As a technology company we work with all kinds of software and tech. We always look for the “right tool for the job” so if there is software or technology to plug into or a different programming language to use there is the opportunity to use it if proven viable.
Our top senior developers are technical leads for products, with the opportunity to shape and grow a particular area, service or product, and if desired build teams of their own to manage, develop and train to further improve that area.
We have an energetic and lively office with loads of fun stuff and amazing benefits listed below, you don’t have to join in with the crazy stuff, you can just get on with the job if you like. The day to day variety and chance to see your software in action, making a difference to your company is one of the biggest benefits.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years’ service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar – free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- LAN parties