Senior Android Developer
Harper James Agency
About Harper James
Harper James is an upcoming and exciting digital and brand agency specialising in the creation, dev & build of website and iOS and android apps with ambitious business growth plans over the next 12-18 months.
The scale of Harper James capabilities and client engagements is endless and our focus to collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance, whilst at the same time empowering our clients to achieve high performance and grow too.
What responsibilities will you have?
Your role will involve being responsible for Android mobile platform design and architecture decisions, managing the development from initial design to release and leading a small highly skilled technical team
- Collaborate daily with the implementation team
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices
- Contributing to the technical direction of the team
- Writing and maintain existing unit tests (TDD) and help to drive forward BDD.
- Help maintain and improve existing process and policies
- Build solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Strong background in native Android mobile application development
- Delivering apps through the full SDLC, from technical appraisal of requirements, through to delivery and testing
- Knowledge of Kotlin language
- Mobile design patterns and SOLID principles
- TDD / BDD and the benefits that are realised
- Architecture Patterns (including non-MVC such as MVP, MVVM)
- Continuous Integration and continuous delivery
- Comfortable implementing unit/performance/integration Testing
- Java/Kotlin, Android SDK and other mobile frameworks
- JSON formats and integrating with other systems and services
- RESTful APIs
- Use of version control tool such as GIT
- SQL databases e.g. Room
- Understanding of the App Store release process
- Experience of approaches to mobile testing
- Experience on UI Automation
What academic qualifications do you need?
While there is no specific academic qualification requirement for the role, the candidate is expected to have strong fundamentals on mathematics, programming concepts and problem solving.
What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years’ service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!