QA Agile Tester
What is the role about?
We’re looking for someone to modernise our test practices and processes by championing quality code within a cross-disciplined team.
As part of the cross-disciplined team you will help us create quality, testable solutions for our eCloud suite of products. Your role will be to ensure that we are embedding quality throughout the product development life cycle. You will assist with the creation of user stories that will use User Acceptance Criteria to drive the quality of deliverables and efficiency of the development.
As part of an agile team you must be able to contribute to improving the processes and procedures to help make those 1% improvements.
What are my responsibilities?
The following is a generalised list of responsibilities. This is further expanded upon depending on product/project focused teams.
- You will take responsibility for the quality of the deliverables
- Help your fellow team members understand your role so they can apply this themselves
- Assist Product owners, BA’s, internal/external customers & the Delivery Manager in developing User Stories with well defined measurable User Acceptance Criteria
- Improving or creating testing and automation for acceptance criteria
- Help create and work towards test KPI’s within the team
- Constantly learn and implement agile principles to drive team efficiencies
What are the requirements?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about quality, who isn’t afraid to challenge the current way we work and bring new ideas to the table.
- Experience with existing testing and performance testing tools
- Solid experience with automated testing and tools
- Good understanding of testing methodologies
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of development and technology stacks
- Previous experience writing User Stories in a collaborative team
What challenges might I face within this role?
As part of this role you will be required to be a champion of testing and ensuring automated testing can be implemented throughout the codebase.
You will be working to high expectations from the business as well as being expected to help meet agreed delivery dates. The team is fast paced by nature and requires a real focus and attention to detail.
An understanding of what other technologies exist that can be introduced to improve the solutions that we build, deliver and support for our customers is essential.
As the business is fast paced and very dynamic, the goal posts can often change and you will need to be able to cope with this. Being able to react to change and switch contexts quickly is important.