- At least 2 yearsworking with SQL Server
- Installation and configuration of SQL.
- SQL patching and upgrades
- SQL data migrations
- Experience with the configuration of SQL HA options including SQL Clusters, Mirrors, AlwaysOn, Log Shipping and SQL Replication.
- Experience with SQL debugging tools including SQL Performance Dashboard, SQL Server Profiler and Traces.
- Configuration of Read-Only Routing tables
- Performing index maintenance.
- Experience with stretched/multi-subnet SQL Clusters
- Configuration of SQL Server Reporting Services as a standalone instance and Scale-Out Deployment.
- Experience writing in T-SQL also highly desirable
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools.
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
Be certified or working towards certification on one of the below exams:
- Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 (70-461)
- Microsoft Administering SQL Server 2012/14 Databases (70-462)
- Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 (70-463)
- Experience with Database Tuning.
- Report building within SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Working with Database Security and Management.
- Active Directory Services; Domain/Policy/User/Machine Management Distributed File System Replication
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Domain Name Service (DNS)
- Mail Services (SMTP/POP3/IMAP)
- Experience with load balancing technologies; Layer 4 & 7
- Exposure to virtualisation technologies; VMWare/HyperV/Zen Server/KVM
- Understanding of RAID configuration and implementation
- Exposure to Cisco networking; Firewalls/Switches/Routers
- Experience with server backup technologies
- Storage Area Network (SAN) exposure; Dell/HP 3PAR/NetApp/iSCSI/Fiber Channel Exposure
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial for this role:
- Hardware diagnostics and debugging experience
- Web application debugging experience (.NET/PHP/JAVA/ASP Classic)
- Data Security/Encryption
What are my working hours?
- Core working hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm, however flexibility to work from home and start earlier if desired.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years’ service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme – own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar – free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit