The role will be focussed on supporting our largest clients through troubleshooting, monitoring and enhancing their solutions. Working with our existing Linux support team, we are looking for an Engineer with a strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude. Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite along with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Helping with server setup, configuration and support
- Advising with client issues
- Developing new products
What skills do I need to have?
- Experience building, installing and supporting Linux server(s). Ideally Red Hat/Debian based distributions
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Experience of Linux systems in a networking environment
- We’re more than happy to train an enthusiastic individual, but it would be desirable if you had the following:
- Experience of Linux systems administration in a hosting environment
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting Apache/NGiNX, MySQL/PostgreSQL, FTP and Mail Servers
- Exposure to diagnosing various server issues using standard open source tools
- Exposure to command line scripting
- Experience using Linux control panels, such as cPanel or Plesk
- Exposure to programming languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, HTML and SQL
- Qualification/certification to RHCT/RHCSA/LPIC-1 is desirable
What are my working hours?
This role will cover a shift pattern to include 5 days covering shifts of 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 between Monday-Sunday. Typically weekend shifts are on a 1 in 5 rotation. This role also covers night shifts, on a cover only basis to cover holidays and sickness.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years’ service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme – own a piece of the business you help build