Graphics Engineer – Graduate, Mid & Senior Level
The objective of this role is to design and implement software that will bring our virtual renderings closer to real world imagery, developing new graphical features and enhancing our cutting edge real-time Virtual Environment Engine.
The successful candidate will bring a wealth of experience in developing new graphical techniques to this position blending seamlessly with our Tools and Optimisation Engineers in this multi-disciplinary team and working with the latest hardware from the likes of HTC Vive and Oculus.
For the Graduate roles, we are looking for students who are particularly interested in working within graphics tech and who have studied C#, C++, Python & used Unity whilst at University. All applicants must submit a demo of their work.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of an award-winning team, working at the forefront of 3D technology with our world class technology partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA and Microsoft, delivering projects for some of the biggest automotive brands in the business such as Audi, Cadillac and Lamborghini.
- To develop new graphics features and enhance our cutting edge real-time Virtual Environment rendering engine.
- Design and implement software that will bring virtual renderings closer to real world imagery.
- Create real-time experiences that work across the companies Omnichannel, from VR to the Cloud.
- Design and implement software that pushes the limits of what’s possible in order to create world leading visualisation products.
- Work closely with artists and programmers to develop advanced techniques for producing cutting edge visual effects.
- Develop technology on state of the art high specification PC hardware.
- Progress career either down a specialist tech or management route.
- Work as part of an award-winning development team across a range of products for our high end automotive partners.
- Must have strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Knowledge and experience with a range of commercial game and rendering engines.
- Algorithm, code optimisation, and 3D principles experience.
- Experience in profiling and implementing optimisations on both GPU and CPU.
- Extensive knowledge and up to date experience of graphics rendering and visual effects technology is essential.
- Strong mathematics, 3D Maths, C++, C#, HLSL/cg, OpenGL and DirectX 11/12 skills.
- Ability to design complex reusable systems.
- Ability to debug both high and low level problems.
- Experience with high-end PC development.
- Ability to understand and optimise previously developed code.
- Multiprocessor and/or multithreaded programming experience would be beneficial.
- At least 4 years professional programming experience.
- Knowledge of real-time surface rendering algorithms including physically based rendering techniques would be a plus.
- Experience using profiling tools for both CPU and GPU beneficial (Tuner, GPAD, PIX, GPA, VTune, etc.).
- Ability to research, implement and modify existing techniques.
- Brand new state of the art studios on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
- Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
- Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
- Up to two-hour lunch break.
- Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
- Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
- Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
- Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am – 10am each morning and leave between 4pm – 6pm.
- Wide range of activities including Board Games night, Quizzes, themed parties and group outings organised by our social group.
- Book share scheme.
- Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
- Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio!).
- Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
- Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
- Official company Events including Friend & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses paid Christmas Party.
- Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
- Ongoing performance management via our company platform with regular reviews and feedback and clear development pathways.
- Annual salary review.
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.