Our Commercial Finance team play a huge role in our success and growth and we currently have an outstanding opportunity for a BI Developer to join this talented team of people and to drive our sales and marketing efforts.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in commercial finance team that will offer you scope for progression and allow you to accelerate your learning through full ownership of the technical data warehouse strategy of the business. We are looking for a bright, highly numerate individual to join our fast paced, fast growing entrepreneurial organisation as a data warehouse developer.
The Commercial finance team supports the whole organisation, partnering across Sales, Marketing, Account Management and our Technical teams providing great opportunity to gain exposure across all members of the Senior Leadership team with direct exposure to the board. Candidate needs to be willing to roll their sleeves and get stuck in where required. This role is ultimately responsible for the data warehouse, multiple data source integration, warehouse data integrity and reporting efficiency, as well as assisting the commercial finance team with front end BI tool roll-out.
- Lead the on-going design and development of the on premises SQL Server High Availability Data Warehouse
- Design and implement ETL procedures for intake of data from both internal and outside sources; as well as ensure data is verified and quality is checked
- Maintaining existing SSIS ETL packages.
- Perform both analyst and developer responsibilities as needed within the full stack supporting the data warehouse and report suite.
- Managing BAU reporting service requests from the Business, either as ad hoc, small change or project based requirements
- Multiple source DW integration
- Knowledge of the full Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSMS, SSAS, SSRS), well versed in T-SQL and at least a basic knowledge of Microsoft BI stack associated languages (XML, DMX, MDX)
- An understanding of data modelling, Kimball methodologies (Star Schema, Snowflake)
- Experience of working with large volumes of data
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) to manage different levels of conversation with senior stakeholders and across the team
- ETL & Data Management best practices
- High degree of commercial/operational awareness of data and associated technologies in business
- Ability to delivery in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Highly motivated individual with strong sense of ownership
- Must have ability to document processes and procedures in a clear and logical manner including translating business requirements into technical requirements documentation
- Educated to degree level or be able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience and knowledge.
- Experience developing with MSSQL High Availability Instances.
- Power BI/DAX
- Understanding and proven use of Dynamic SQL
- Experience of Agile development methodologies.